The popular Jaisalmer Desert Festival is conducted by Rajasthan Tourism, in the month of February every year, and is renowned among visitors and locals alike with its vibrant splendor. This famous cultural extravaganza comprises of the rich cultural, art and folk shows of not only Jaisalmer region, but the entire state of Rajasthan.
This well-known festival was initiated to attract the tourists who were eager to explore the cultural heritage of Rajasthan in its fullness, in a short span of time. This three day event includes the celebrated Rajasthani folk music and dance performances by prominent professional artists. A tourist help cell is also arranged to assist the tourists in case of any problems during the festival. It draws a huge number of foreigners each year with a wide variety of colourful local performances and competitions.
This exotic festival conducted in the golden sands of the Thar Desert is a fabulous blend of heritage and folk performances. The unforgettable wonders like the popular Gair and Fire dancers add to the excitement value of the festival. You can also enjoy the exciting camel rides and camel polos along with along with snake charmers and puppeteers, all of which add to the liveliness of the celebration. The fiesta is concluded with a fantastic trip to the Sam sand dunes, with a grand finale of renowned folk singers performing under the magnificent moonlit sky in the enchanting desert backdrop.
The fun filled competitions form a major attraction in the Jaisalmer Desert Festival. The Moustache Competition is quite popular among tourists and locals, in which the person with the longest moustache is declared as winner. Other exciting competitions like Mr. Desert and Turban tying, add colour to the festival with its local charm and flavour.
This fun filled cultural extravagance, conducted in the golden city of Rajasthan, Jaisalmer is a must do when you are visiting Rajasthan.
All the Best, Enjoy our Jaisalmer Tour Packages.
- 02 Nights accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- Breakfast (02)
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in a non air-conditioned vehicle
- All toll tax, parking fees and driver's allowances
- All applicable hotel taxes
- 3.09% government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under 'Package Inclusions'
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance